Monday, July 4, 2011

Is there a Doctor fan in the house?

You bet there is! I made this Tardis Quilt for Shelly. (She likes blue...) She is a long time Dr. Who fan. So I decided she needed a Tardis of her very own. (If you don't know Dr. Who: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who ) Apparently, Shelly and her sister spent much of their teen years sneaking down to watch it after her parents went to bed.

This one was interesting to design. On one hand it was very easy in the sense that it's all rectangles. On the other hand, trying to capture as many details as accurately as I could provided a bit of a challenge. The letters and the wording of the sign were a particular challenge. (the letters because they're fiddly and the sign because there have been slight changes over the years.)

Last but not least I decided that the awesome universe print on the back needed a little bitty Tardis of it's very own. It's fun because it end up being kind of a where's waldo sort of detail. You have to know it's there to or you really are unlikely to notice it.

I've also informed Shelly that if she goes to the great time rift before I do I want the quilt BACK! (Okay, maybe Myira can have it IF she's old enough to appreciate it. Also, she must be a rabid Dr. Who fan...)


No comments:

Post a Comment