

So I'm not exactly the most patient person ever. When I started quilting it was really the actual quilting I was interested in. Not so much the piecing and appliqué. So imagine my delight when I discovered I could just buy finished tops from the kind folks on Ebay.
This one was clearly hand pieced by someone a little older. It needed a few repairs and doesn't lie completely flat. In time I did manage to quilt it into submission tho.
I did decide I would only buy tops in patterns I'd probably never actually do myself. Which is why this wedding ring quilt ended up on my quilt frame. See all those curved seams? Yeah, not going to happen in my lifetime. I really enjoyed quilting this. I even enjoyed the curved binding. It's a little bit bigger than a twin size. I was considering donating it to some cause or another but Ceili claimed it for her bed almost as soon as it was finished.

This Jacobs Ladder top was fun to do as well. I ended up giving it to Rabbi Laura who is a chaplin at one of our local hospitals. They have a program that gives quilts to terminally ill patients and their families at one of our local hospitals. It seems like it would be a good quilt for an older gentleman.
The back, below, is the first one I remember piecing. Since then I've done it quite a bit. Especially when I'm trying to "stretch" the fabric. I try and incorporate some of the fabrics from the front.

No comments:
Post a Comment