Friday, December 23, 2011

Next Up - Hand Piecing




 This little beauty is a "Le Moyne Star" and it's hand pieced.  I discovered a program called Inklingo that prints the cutting and stitching lines directly on the back of the fabric.  The best thing about this being it gives me a chance to try hand piecing.  I'd never be able to cut and mark diamonds accurately enough to hand piece on my own.

So I made this little star.  And then three more.  Then I decided to make a little wall hanging out of them.  I picked a nice counter fabric for each one and put them together in this little wall hanging.  I put it up at my office.  It's a nice bit of color and an enjoyable reminder of a favorite hobby.

Besides, it's just fun to hear people say, "You did that BY HAND????"  You'd think I hand carved the chair at my desk or something.  I don't know why the idea of using a needle and thread is so alien.

No comments:

Post a Comment